2019 Staff Workshop
2019 Staff Workshop
Join CALAFCO and our host, Santa Clara LAFCo, in San Jose for the 2019 Staff Workshop. We will gather at the Holiday Inn Silicon Valley in San Jose from April 10 through 12 for an invaluable educational and networking opportunity.
The program planning team is hard at work creating a fabulous line-up of sessions and speakers, and our host LAFCo is putting the finishing touches on the Mobile Workshop which will be unveiled very soon.
Workshop registration is now open! You can register two ways. You can register and pay online here. Or, you can download the registration form, complete it and send your payment via check to the CALAFCO office. Early bird pricing cutoff is March 1. Registration AND payment must be received by this date to receive this lower rate. No exceptions. Deadline to register is March 26, 2019.
The venue is the Holiday Inn Silicon Valley in San Jose. Special CALAFCO rates are $140/night. Price includes in-room wifi and excludes taxes. Parking is $5 per night. Rates are available Tuesday, April 9 through Friday, April 12. To make your room reservations, go directly to the hotel reservation site here. Select the dates you want, then the room type (choose from King or 2 doubles) and you will then go to the special CALAFCO page for book and confirm. Or, you can call 800-585-4930 and mention CALAFCO Staff Workshop to make your reservations.
The program is still being finalized. However, you can download the Workshop Program Announcement to see session topics and networking events being planned. Keep an eye out for the announcement on the exciting Mobile Workshop being planned!
We are pleased to announce four different opportunities to sponsor this year's Workshop. The workshop brings together approximately 100 LAFCo executive officers, analysts, clerks and attorneys for intensive, hands-on sessions on LAFCo practices, procedures and law, as well as leadership practices. A Workshop sponsorship is a great chance to have direct contact with LAFCo staff as well as visibly support their professional education and development. CALAFCO is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and there may also be tax benefits for your sponsorship. To find out more about this unique opportunity, download the Workshop Sponsorship Packet. There is a special sponsorship offer for CALAFCO Associate Members here.
CANCELLATION & REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
- Registrations are considered complete upon receipt of fees.
- Cancellation requests made in writing and received by March 21, 2019 receive a 100% refund less $20 handling fee.
- Registration fees are transferable to another person not already registered provided the request is received in writing no later than April 2, 2019 and are subject to a $20 handling fee.
- Registration fees for guests and special events are fully refundable less a $20 handling fee if requests are made in writing and received by March 21, 2019. A full refund is provided if the special event is canceled.
- Cancellation requests must be made by e-mail, fax or mail to the CALAFCO office.
- Cancellation requests made after March 21, 2019 are not eligible for a refund.
- Credits are not issued for registrations canceled.